Who doesn’t love zucchini slice for lunch or dinner? The beauty of a zucchini slice is you will most likely have all the ingredients in your fridge already and if you don’t, you can improvise! For dinner we often add rice or pasta to the mix to bulk it up a bit and make it last for lunch leftovers the next day. You can eat it cold or hot too! The kids love it without even knowing it’s packed with vegetables, protein and plenty of other nutrients, BONUS!
5 x eggs
1 x cup of self raising flour, sifted
2 x zucchini, grated
1 x carrot, grated
1 x onion, finely chopped
1 x cup of grated cheese
1/4 x cup of oil
1 x cup (approx 200g) of bacon or ham, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170’C and grease a rectangle tray (I use baking paper to line the whole try and spray with oil. I’ve had to use a casserole dish before because I ran out of baking paper and I found it didn’t cook as firmly. Definitely prefer a deepish baking tray.
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl until combined, add flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Add all other ingredients and stir through well to combine.
4. Pop in the oven for half an hour or until cooked through and a little bit brown on top. Needs to be fluffy and bounce back a bit like a cake.
5. Allow to cool for about five minutes, turn the pan over and cut into whatever sized squares you wish and eat! Serve with some fresh salad or just enjoy on its own. YUMMO!
Add 1 cup of cooked rice or cooked pasta (spirals or shells work best) to the mix and stir through, add another egg if you think it needs it.
You can also add some thinly sliced tomato to the top before cooking too.
Zucchini slice freezes really well! Cut into desired portion sizes, wrap in glad wrap then place into a zip lock bag. Perfect for kids dinners and toddler snacks!