Another family fave, this Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni recipe is quick to put together and wonderfully comforting on a cool winters evening. I use fresh lasagna sheets to make the cannelloni instead of the tubes, it gives the dish a lovely soft texture and that combined with the garlicy ricotta mixture guarantees to have you diving back in for seconds!
375g frozen spinach (defrosted)
350g ricotta cheese
3 x egg yolks
2 x tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese (plus extra for sprinkling)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
8 x fresh lasagna sheets
1 x jar tomato based pasta sauce
salt and pepper
1. Pop your oven on 200 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the defrosted spinach, ricotta cheese, egg yolks, garlic, grated cheese, nutmeg and a good sprinkle of salt.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
4. In a square (or rectangle) casserole/lasagna dish, pour a good slosh of the tomato sauce and spread evenly over the base of the dish.
5. Take the 8 x fresh lasagna sheets and cut in half so that you have 16 x small sheets.
6. One sheet at a time, place 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture down the center of the lasagna then roll up and place in the dish.
7. Repeat until all of the sheets have been filled, once you complete one layer in the dish, cover with some more pasta sauce before layering more cannelloni on the top.
8. Once all the cannelloni has been placed in the dish, top with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with the extra grated cheese.
9. Bake in the oven for 30-40mins or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is a golden brown.
10. Serve with veggies or salad and garlic bread! Left overs are perfect for lunch the next day (if you have any left over!)