These little muffins are light, fluffy and truly delectable! Perfect to use up that Ricotta cheese that’s been sitting in your fridge since last weeks cannelloni making sesh! I used raspberries but you could use any berry you like, fresh or frozen. A great afternoon treat or lunch box filler – enjoy!
75g butter, softened
175g reduced-fat ricotta
1/3 cup caster sugar (I used raw)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk
150g fresh or frozen raspberries (or a berry of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, ricotta, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk until well combined.
3. Add the raspberries (but don’t mix yet)
4. Sift flour over the wet raspberry mixture then gently fold in with a spatula until just combined (don’t beat or over mix, this will make the muffins tough).
5. Spoon into muffin cases. Bake for 16 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
6. Stand in pan for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au