It’s always challenging to think of healthy dishes the kids will actually eat! Not only that, but quick healthy dishes that we can whip up after one of their many after school activities (swimming, dancing, soccer…it’s never ending!) Our microwave scrambled eggs are so easy to prepare that you’ll have them on the plate within minutes of walking through the door! Yum!
INGREDIENTS (serves one)
2 x eggs
3 x tablespoons milk
Bread for toasting (we use Tip Top The One Mixed Grain)
Avocado or butter to spread
1. Crack the eggs into a microwave safe bowl, add the milk then whisk together until combined.
2. Place the eggs into the microwave and cook on high for 40 seconds. Cooking time may vary depending on the strength of your microwave so after 40 seconds take out, wisk again, then pop back in for another 20 seconds before checking again. Repeat until the eggs are just cooked (eggs keep cooking in their own heat so don’t over cook them!) You want them to have a shiny soft wobble.
3. While your eggs are in the microwave, toast your bread. We like to use Tip Top The One Mixed Grain which contains 4 whole grains – wheat, oats, corn and rice.
4. Spread your toast with your favourite topping, we love avocado, Vegemite or just plain butter.
5. Top with your eggs and viola! A quick yummy dinner ready before you can say “Arghhh! Get your soccer boots off the carpet!!!!”