When we mentioned this recipe is quick, we meant it! This is such a great week night dinner to throw together once you get home from all of those extra curricular after school activities! The winner here (for the cook) is the rice! No waiting for it to absorb in the rice cooker or on the hob, just simply throw in a packet of the ready cooked stuff and you’re good to go! Enjoy!
1 x cup of frozen peas & corn
2 x spring onions (chopped small)
1 x carrot (diced small)
1 x packet of bacon (200g) (chopped small)
2 x eggs
500g pre cooked rice
(soy sauce to taste)
1. In a fry pan, cook the bacon until nice and golden brown. Remove from pan.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs together then pour into the fry pan then cook (using the oil from the bacon) flipping once, until golden on both sides. Remove from pan then once cool, roll up the egg and cut into small strips ready to return to the pan.
3. Add the peas. corn, spring onion and carrot to the fry pan then cook, stirring regularly until they start to soften.
5. Add the rice as is (don’t cook in microwave first)
6. Cook, stirring for a few minutes until it starts to soften. Add the egg and bacon back to the pan and stir through rice mixture.
7. Slosh over some soy sauce to taste, serve immediately (with steamed dimmies to make it go a little further) also great heated the next day.