These orange, choc-chip and chia seed biccies are to die for! The recipe is from Amanda Voisey’s new book “Cooking for busy mums.”
We love this book as not only does it contain easy to cook recipes but it’s full of handy hints and tips for the kitchen, helping everyday cooking become efficient and enjoyable!
125g butter, cubed and softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
finely grated zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tbsp black chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Using a electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and orange zest and beat until well combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, chocolate chips and chia seeds and mix until it all comes together into a firm biscuit dough.
4. Roll tablespoon size amounts and flatten them slightly by pressing gently with the back of a fork on the prepared tray. Leave about 2cm space between each biscuit to allow for spreading when baking.
5. Bake for 10-15 mins or until they become lightly golden around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. They will harden whilst cooling.
You can find Cooking for busy mums recipe book at all good retailers (I spotted them at Kmart)
You can also follow Amanda and all her yummy recipes on Instagram @cookingforbusymums.