It can be hard to keep your mojo up when you have been living Mummy Groundhog Day. Especially when the kids are little and you feel like you haven’t left the house in days, living in your tracksuit pants, hair pulled back in a quick and thoughtless ponytail. Who knows where your mascara or lipsticks are anymore!
Don’t give up. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to reconnect with your inner goddess. If you’re not quite ready for a complete stylist make-over, but want to feel a little like your old self again, or perhaps like a new refreshed you, begin with one or two of these ideas and I guarantee you feel more beautiful and more confident.
Here are seven inexpensive styling tricks to give you an instant confidence boost –
1. Wear a bright lipstick. Two of my favourites are Revlon’s Lustrous Lips in “Love is On” and Mac’s “All Fired Up”. Try feeling dull in these!
2. Statement earrings. Embellish your earlobes and add some glam to your look with a great pair of statement earrings. Sportsgirl have some gorgeous options at the moment.
3. Style up your ‘do. Put a little effort into your hair in the morning and feel gorgeous the whole day. Check out Miss Alex’s “Perfect, Easy, Messy Bun” and “Beach Waves” tutorials on YouTube for some inspiration.
4. Dramatise your eyes. A dramatic eye with a winged eyeliner technique will open up those windows to the soul and invite attention in. While you are YouTubing, check to Dulce Candy’s “Quick and Easy Winged Liner”.
5. Wear a scarf. Nothing lifts an outfit like a colourful scarf. Choose one in your colour palette and drape it in one of hundreds of ways. Sussan and Country Road have beautiful designs this season.
6. Rock your shades. It doesn’t have to be summer for you to rock out in a pair of flashy sunglasses. Try these two styles from witchery for instant rock star swagger.
7. Pop on a lid. Be brave and to your look off with a hat. Whether it is a cap, fedora or beanie, you will always look confident in a a hat! Let Forever New hook you up this season with these cute styles.
Its amazing how putting in just a small amount of effort with your appearance can effect your confidence and daily outlook. So have fun styling yourself up and enjoy the magic that follows!
The Healthy Life Stylist
Fashion Contributor – Mama loves to share