So this is a bit of a mix of a few different recipes, mainly from a taste.com.au, but we’ve added our own special twist MLTS twist to it to make it just right, and yes, you read correctly- NO SUGAR Bonus!! Make this and you’ll never go back!
4 x very ripe bananas
1/2 x cup of berries (blueberries and raspberries work a treat)
2 x eggs
1/4 x cup of olive oil or melted coconut oil
2 x tablespoons of rice malt syrup (you could use honey but it wouldn’t be sugar free then)
1/4 x cup milk
1 x teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (vanilla essence/extract is ok too)
1 x teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 x cup of wholemeal flour
1 x cup of quick oats (Uncle Toby’s do a porridge one, its just rolled oats blended a little)
1 x teaspoon of baking powder
1 x teaspoon of bicarb soda
1. Preheat oven to 140C fan forced. Grease (oil spray is easiest) a loaf tin, small square tin, or you could just use a silicon muffin tray (makes 12). When using a tin we recommend lining it, including the sides, with baking paper, then spraying with oil again as it can stick.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl using a fork until smooth. Add eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and rice malt syrup then stir.
3. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarb soda over banana mixture (tip in any flour kernels left in sifter) then stir through. Add oats and stir.
4. Fold through berries.
5. Spoon into prepared tin and level flat with a spatula then place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour (may need an extra five or ten minutes if knife or skewer doesn’t come out clean) if using the tins. If making muffins we found 40-45 minutes was enough.
6. Take out of the oven and let it cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve!
Massive hit with the whole family and how “sweet” that it has no sugar! Make it and tell us what you think!