Chocolate. Easter. Joy. They go hand in hand. So when the Coles Magazine Easter edition comes out, we get a little bit excited (What? We have a good excuse to eat copious amounts of chocolate, it’s all part of the festivities!).
Here at Mama loves to share, we love to get our bake on, (even if we have to let the kids join in too – do not think about the mess, do not think about the mess, just focus on the joy…) especially when there are so many quick and easy recipes to whip up in a flash.
This time we let Penny choose a recipe from the Coles Magazine and she chose (thank goodness) a really easy one – Cornflake Chocolate Nests.
This 15 minute recipe makes 18 mini cupcake size nests or 12 medium cupcake size nests (this is the size we made).
50g butter, chopped
100g milk chocolate, chopped
50g dark chocolate, chopped
2 x tablespoons golden syrup
2 x cups cornflakes
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 x packet Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. Line either 18 mini muffin tray holes or 12 muffin tray holes with paper cases.
3. Combine the cornflakes and shredded coconut in a bowl.
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the cornflakes and coconut and stir to fully cover the dry ingredients with the chocolate.
5. Divide evenly into the paper cases and top each with a chocolate mini egg.
6. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
7. Enjoy yourself or gift to friends and family for Easter presents! YUM!!