These cookies are so yummy! Delicious and super mourish, bake these on a Sunday and you’ll be lucky if there is any left by Monday for school lunch boxes! A super versatile recipe, we used dried apricots but you can substitute for any dried fruit you like. Enjoy!
100g softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup self raising flour
1 level tbsp plain flour
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Approx 2 cups Cornflakes
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees, line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric hand beater or mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
3. Mix in the egg.
4. Add flours, apricots and chocolate chips, gently bring together into a soft dough.
5. Place Cornflakes into a bowl, take tbsp amounts of the dough, roll into balls then roll each ball through the Cornflakes so they are evenly coated.
6. Place on tray 2cm apart and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
7. Pop into oven for 15-18 mins or until the edges start to become golden brown.
8. Leave to cool on the tray for 10mins then finish cooling on a wire cooling rack (cookies with harden when cooling). Makes approx 16 cookies.
MAMA’S TIPS: Store in an airtight container, great for the lunch box (if they last that long!) you can also substitute the choc chips and apricots for sultanas!