Donna Hay’s Blueberry, oat and yoghurt muffins tick all the right boxes! They are quick and easy, tick! They taste good, tick! and they make a healthy lunch box treat, tick! The only problem is when I do baking, usually on a Sunday, in particular these muffins, none of them seem to make it to Monday…they’re just too yummy!
2 cups self-raising flour
2/3 cup caster sugar, plus extra, for sprinkling
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup thick Greek (natural) yoghurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup rolled oats, plus extra, for sprinkling
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12 hold muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Place the flour, sugar, egg, oil, yoghurt and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined.
3. Gently fold through the oats and blueberries.
4. Divide the mixture between the paper cases
(Tip: I use an ice-cream scoop, it keeps the sizes even)
5. Sprinkle with extra oats and sugar and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown (and the skewer comes out clean!)
Place on a wire baking rack to cool. Makes 12 and all 12 will be eaten within 12 minutes!