These delicious easy blueberry and yoghurt muffins tick all the right boxes! They are quick and easy, tick! They taste good, tick! and they make a healthy lunch box treat, tick! The only problem is when I do baking on the weekend, in particular these muffins, none of them seem to make it to Monday for lunch boxes! They’re just too yummy!
2 & 1/2 cup SR flour
1 cup caster
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup veg oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 big tablespoons Greek yoghurt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I use frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12 hold muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and mix until just combined.
3. Gently fold through the blueberries then make a well in the middle for the wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, egg, vanilla and yoghurt. Mix well then pour into dry ingredients, gently folding together until just combined – don’t over stir!
5. If you have some, sprinkle with a little coconut before baking.
6. Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
(Tip: I use an ice-cream scoop, it keeps the sizes even)
7. Bake for approx 17 – 20 mins or until golden brown (and the skewer comes out clean!)
8. Place on a wire baking rack to cool (careful! the blueberries will be piping hot!)
Makes 12 and all 12 will be eaten within 12 minutes!