Now firstly, I can not take credit for inventing this recipe myself. What I can take credit for though is accidentally deliberately devouring the whole lot of them and only leaving a few crumbs for the family to fight over…sorry not sorry.
Best chocolate chip cookies ever. Not lying.
125g soft Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar*
1/3 cup Caster Sugar*
1 x egg
1 x teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
1 & 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour (don’t use wholemeal)
1 x cup Chocolate Chips (use a yummy brand)
*These cookies are pretty sweet so I used “just under” a 1/2 cup of brown sugar and “just under” a 1/3 cup of caster sugar.
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy, electric beaters are best for this.
3. Stir in the vanilla essence and the egg.
4. Stir in the flour then gently fold through the chocolate chips.
Now, here comes the hard part… you may want to eat this dough now. In all its raw cookie dough glory. Do it, if you want to. If you do however want to make actual cookies… read on.
5. Using a teaspoon, measure out and roll small balls of dough onto a baking tray which has been pre lined with baking paper. Press them down slightly, but don’t flatten them and don’t over crowd the tray.
6. Bake for 10-15mins or until slightly golden, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
7. Eat… nom nom nom… Makes about 30.