This apricot choc chip honey oat slice is very easy to prepare and great for the school lunch boxes. I whipped it up this afternoon before school drop off and the best thing is majority of the ingredients are pantry staples.
You can switch the choc chips for sultanas if you wish, would also work well with a handful of chopped nuts such as almonds. Enjoy!
1 x cup quick oats
1 x cup SR flour (I used wholemeal)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped apricots
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup honey
1. Place all of the dry ingredients, oats, flour, coconut, choc chips and apricots into a mixing bowl, combine well.
2. Place the butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl or jug then heat, 30 seconds at a time (check and stir) until butter is fully melted.
3. Give the butter and honey mixture a good stir and allow to cool slightly before pouring into the dry ingredients (otherwise your choc chips will melt like mine did!) Mix well.
5. Press into a lined slice tin pushing down evenly with the back metal spoon.
6. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown.
7. Once the slice is baked it will be quite soft so leave to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.