Yes these are as divinely delicious as they look! After tasting my Aunty’s Apple Roses on Australia Day, I couldn’t resist sharing the recipe. We are no longer Apple Rose virgins and now that we’ve had them, we will be having them again and again!
3 x large red apples
1 x juice of 1/2 a lemon
2-3 x tablespoons of jam
2 x teaspoons of cinnamon
1 x sheet of puff pastry (partly thawed)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c.
2. Cut apples in half, core them, then slice them as thinly as possible.
3. Place into a microwave safe bowl, cover with water and the lemon juice then microwave on high for about three minutes or until the apple is soft.
4. Divide and cut pastry sheets into six even strips.
5. Spread the jam onto each slice of pastry then layer the pieces of semi circle apple along the top of the horizontal strip of pastry with the round skin side facing up (refer to pic) The apple should cover the top half of the pastry strip with the skin of the apple forming the top of the rose.
6. Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon.
7. Fold up the other side of the pastry to cover the apple but leave about 1/2 a cm 9the top of the apple) uncovered.
8. Roll the pastry up to form the round rose like shape then place into a greased muffin pan or greased muffin cases.
7. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, keeping an eye on the apple skin in case it starts to burn.
Attractive and delish – Enjoy!